Saturday, June 20, 2009

father's day

Whew!! We're finished! It really only took about 2.5 hours from start to finish. We only made three meals, but we have enough to make lots more if we want. I printed out the templates a few days ago, but really did everything else this morning. . .brownie burgers first so they had plenty of time to cool. . .then sugar cookies (lots of trial and error - best advice is to not overcook so that they're still a bit chewy and won't fall apart when you trim into french fries). . .and cupcakes last. I really didn't have any trouble other than with the french fries. I didn't have a cookie cutter or cup the right size for the burgers so I had to trim them down with a knife, but you can't tell once they're sandwiched inside the "buns". I LOVE how the happy meals turned out and we can't wait for dad to get home from fishing so that we can dig in!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails