Friday, September 11, 2009

unprofessional cupcakes



I follow several blogs devoted to cupcakes and I'm often inspired to attempt to create them myself.  While I think I'm a pretty good baker, I admittedly haven't mastered the art of presentation when it comes to desserts.  I had high hopes of ending up with these gorgeous chrysanthemum cupcakes but when dozens of drops of green gel food coloring wouldn't yield better than a minty color, the orange resulted in barely peach and I realized I didn't have the right frosting tips I decided to go basic and add a few sprinkles.  I will say that my Buttermilk Devil's Food Cake cupcakes from The Cake Mix Doctor paired with Martha's Meringue Buttercream icing are heavenly (if not beautiful to look at).  Hope our friends at the dock party tonight like them!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails