Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thanksgiving turkey cupcakes


Okay, so I'm no Martha Stewart, but I think I did a decent job of making these fun little turkey cupcakes for my son's preschool class party tomorrow.  After looking at the professional photo on her website I may go back and fluff them up a bit with some more toasted coconut.  

Instead of making the cupcakes and icing from scratch, I went with the boxed stuff.  I did add the melted semi-sweet chocolate chips to the vanilla icing to give a slightly home-made kick.  I was able to find everything (including the toasted coconut marshmallows) at Wal-Mart after half a dozen failed trips to various other retailers.  I should have known that I could easily find all the ingredients for a Martha Stewart recipe at Wal-Mart since her line is all over the place there!  The gummy fish seemed too big for the beaks so I went with candy corn instead.  I also attached the heads to the cupcakes with toothpicks so that they wouldn't all tumble off on the way to the party.  I just need to remember to let the teachers know to take them out before the kids eat them. . .

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails