Monday, April 25, 2011

batman birthday party

I could literally add photos for days!  Karen Tyrrell of piccolina photography captured so many wonderful shots of my son's 4th birthday party.  Here are just a few along with details.  I hope they can serve as inspiration for other parents of budding little superheroes!
homemade tags and cupcake toppers, gift box labels from littleday press

custom invitation from littleday press, wipeable tablecloth from etsy

capes from Sew Plain Jane, tee shirts by littleday press (see below for designs), bam! headband from etsy

personalized batman cape set from etsy


We asked all the kids to let us know their superhero names, superhero colors and superhero powers a week before the party so that I could prepare their tee shirts.  I designed a logo for each one and used iron-on transfer paper to add them to the shirts.  You can get more details from a great party I discovered on birthdaypartyideas.com.  I purchased the blank capes from Sew Plain Jane and lots of felt from JoAnn fabric.  I found great templates for masks and shapes from Martha Stewart.  Moms helped their kids cut out shapes and glue them onto their capes (large sheets of double-sided adhesive worked really well for on-the-spot assembly felt glue for extra re-enforcement along the edges).  Finally, I armed them all with silly string to battle the joker!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails